The provider assumes no responsibility for the topicality, correctness, completeness or quality of information provided. Liability claims against the provider relating to material or immaterial nature caused by the use or disuse of the information or the use of erroneous or incomplete information are excluded, unless the provider is no demonstrably intentional or grossly negligent fault.
All offers are non-binding. The provider expressly reserves the right to change parts of or the entire offer without prior notice, add to, delete or cease publication temporarily or permanently.
With direct or indirect references to external websites (“hyperlinks”) which lie outside the responsibility of the provider, liability would only apply in cases enter into force, in which the provider of the contents has knowledge and it would be technically possible and reasonable to prevent the use of illegal content.
The provider hereby expressly declares that at the time of linking, no illegal content on the pages to be identified. On the current and future design, contents or providership of the linked / connected pages the provider has no influence. Therefore, he distances himself from all contents of all linked / connected pages which were changed after linking. This statement applies to all within its own Internet links and references as well as for foreign entries in guest books, discussion forums, link directories, mailing lists and in all other forms of databases whose contents external write accesses are possible. For illegal, incorrect or incomplete contents and especially for damages arising from the use or disuse of such information lies solely with the provider of the page to which reference was not the one who has linked to these pages.
The provider endeavors to respect the copyrights of the images, graphics, sound files, video sequences and texts, to use his own pictures, graphics, sound files, video sequences and texts or to use license-free graphics, sound files, video sequences and texts .
All mentioned and possibly protected by third parties of Internet brand names and trademarks are the provisions of applicable trademark law and the ownership rights of the respective registered owners. The mere mention does not draw the conclusion that trademarks are not protected by law! The copyright for any material created by the provider himself remains solely with the provider. Any reproduction or use of graphics, audio and video clips and texts in other electronic or printed publications is not permitted without the express permission of the provider.
The privacy statement can be found at the following link: outbankapp.com/en/privacy-policy
This disclaimer is to be regarded as part of the internet publication which you were referred to on this page. If sections or individual formulations of this text are not, no longer or not completely correspond to the remaining parts of the document remain unaffected in their content and validity.
1. “We” or “Verivox GmbH” is Verivox GmbH, Am Taubenfeld 10 , D-69123 Heidelberg, Germany (represented by Klaus Hufnagel, Christoph Jennen, Mannheim District Court – HRB 336125, VAT identification number pursuant to Section 27a of the German Value Added Tax Act: DE 197999416).
2. The “app” is the Outbank banking application, regardless for which operating system and whether it is used as an app or as a software application. “You” or the “Customer” is the natural or legal person who uses the app and/or initiates an in-app purchase for the app.
3. An “in-app purchase” is every act of ordering by a Customer via the respective app store in which a Customer makes a binding order declaration, irrespective of whether this involves an in-app purchase or which other services this declaration is aimed at.
4. “Password” is all upper-case/lower-case letters, numbers and symbol sequences which serve the purpose of ruling out use by unauthorized persons.
5. “Service” is the use of the app and the information, services or other benefits provided there.
6. The “contract term” denotes the time period for which the in-app purchase is booked. In-app purchases do not include an automatic extension of the contract term; after the expiry of the contract a new in-app purchase must be transacted.
1. In order to use the app, you must have a functioning data processing unit (smartphone or other authorized terminal, e.g. tablet) with the minimum operating system prescribed in each case, and Internet access. Verivox GmbH reserves the right to make changes to the technical prerequisites for using the app.
2. If you make use of an app shop for the app download and/or an in-app purchase, your contractual partner for the purchasing process is the operator of the respective app shop. The same applies for the use of the services provided by Aboalarm within the Outbank App. Special terms may apply to these processes, which in each case take priority over these Terms.
3. To enable you to use the app, Verivox GmbH grants you, via the operator of the respective app shop, a non-exclusive, temporally unrestricted right of use to the app for personal use on the data processing unit on which the app is installed. This right of use is limited to data processing units controlled by you and is only transferable according to the contractual provisions of the app shop operator. For the functions you purchase in the context of an in-app purchase, this granting of usage rights is limited to the term of the in-app purchase.
4. During use of the app, the Customer is responsible for the correct entry of his or her data required for the registration process and/or the use of the services of the app. Changes to this data must be made immediately by the Customer personally online.
5. During registration the Customer enters a secure password that he or she has freely chosen in the app. Such a password may not be passed on to third parties and must be kept protected against access by third parties. In addition, the Customer is obliged to store or transmit passwords in digital media and in LAN, WAN and mobile telecommunications networks exclusively in encrypted form.
6. Information for the respective accounts of the Customer, which he or she has set up in the app, is provided for use by the Customer in the app. Insofar as this involves information and services from third parties, the services of Verivox GmbH are restricted to providing the app for use, conveying this information to the Customer and making the technical and organizational processes available for the use of the information in the app by the Customer. By using the app you consent to these General Terms and Conditions. As a Customer you are also under obligation to observe the general terms and conditions of your credit institution which apply to your bank accounts, in particular with regard to the particularities of online banking, in particular with regard to handling PIN, TAN and similar security features.
7. Verivox GmbH provides the Customer with use of the app and – if the Customer has made an in-app purchase – the special functions specified in the in-app purchase, for the duration of the contract term. Use occurs in this context through logging in to the app. The Customer is personally responsible for retrieving the information.
8. All copyright-protected rights of use and other industrial property rights or other rights to protectable materials provided in the context of use of the app remain the exclusive intellectual property of Verivox GmbH or the respective owner. However, within the framework of service provision, the rights required in each case for use within the service scope described in this agreement are granted to the Customer as a simple right of use for the necessary period, provided that he or she needs this right for use of the services obtained or for their contractual use.
9. Commercial retailing and/or resale of the information, services or other benefits obtained via the app is forbidden. Verivox GmbH reserves all rights and claims regarding a breach of the provisions of this paragraph, especially the assertion of damages.
1. If you use the app to manage your accounts, information on your accounts is created by the app from data sources which the app receives from third parties (e.g. your installed bank (s)). If you determine that the data displayed is inaccurate, please inform your respective bank immediately. If the inaccurate display is not due to the transmission of the data by the third party (the bank), please inform Verivox GmbH.
2. Verivox GmbH is entitled to insert information on updates of the app in the app to inform you of new features of the app or the services.
3. In order to enable synchronization between several terminals, you must set up a customer account (Outbank ID). In the context of performing synchronization the Outbank databank contained on your respective terminal (and any changes to the same) will be encrypted and anonymized on your terminal and then deposited on a server. This renders the deposited file completely anonymous; access will only be possible via an encrypted token, which is created for access purposes on your terminal and is time-limited. If the token expires you will need to restart the process.
4. Please note that all app data is deleted in the event of deletion of the app from the data processing unit on which you use the app. You must therefore export the data from the app before deletion and ensure regular data backup.
5. If you use the functions provided by Aboalarm via the Outbank App to terminate the contract, these will be provided by Aboalarm GmbH, Corneliusstraße 10 80469 Munich – after appropriate user action and conclusion of a user contract with Aboalarm – based on the terms and conditions of Aboalarm.
1. The fees specified for the respective in-app purchase are payable for the use of the app with additional functions. The fees are due with each in-app purchase.
2. Fees are calculated for the contract term specified for the respective in-app purchase at the start of the contract term, including VAT at the statutory rate as applicable at the start of the service period. In-app purchases do not include an automatic extension of the contract term; after the expiry of the contract a new in-app purchase must be transacted.
3. This agreement on General Terms and Conditions enters into force upon conclusion of the app download by the Customer.
1. If you make use of an app shop for the app purchase or use the Aboalarm services, your contractual partner – also with regard to the data you enter – is the respective operator of the app shop and/or Aboalarm, whose data protection provisions take precedence in this respect.
2. Verivox GmbH undertakes to treat all personal data forwarded by you or the app shop operator/Aboalarm to us pursuant to the applicable data protection laws, in particular not to pass it on to third parties. However, third parties do not include the third parties that Verivox GmbH makes use of to implement and perform the agreement, render services and/or transact payments.
3. In particular, Verivox GmbH undertakes not to collect, record or store, change, block or delete without authorization any personal data protected by the GDPR and the German Data Protection Act 2018 for a purpose other than that of lawful assignment fulfillment, to disclose the data or make it available to third parties or to otherwise make use of it. This obligation to preserve data secrecy also exists after termination of this agreement.
4. Please note that secure data transfer outside our app via the Internet (e.g. when communicating by email) requires security precautions such as an up-to-date virus scanner and firewalls. Please ensure that appropriate security features are installed on all equipment.
5. The General Data Protection Regulations of Verivox GmbH also apply for the use of the app; likewise – where such are in place and are used by you – the Data Protection Regulations for separate services (e.g. the website in general).
1. Each party (“recipient”) acknowledges that all confidential information (oral, written or digital information) that it receives from the other party (“communicating or other party”) in connection with this agreement (before or after entry into force of the agreement) – including, but not restricted to, the entire intellectual property, software, computer code (object and source code), algorithms, processes, ideas, concepts, inventions (patentable or non-patentable inventions), know-how, technical information, technical drawings, development tools, techniques and all other business, product, research, development, technical and financial information (“confidential information”) – is confidential information of the other (communicating) party.
2. The recipient undertakes
a) to treat the confidential information of the other party with confidentiality and to refrain from disclosing it to third parties without the prior written consent of the communicating party;
b) to use the confidential information of the communicating party only to the extent which is necessary for the performance of its obligations from this agreement;
c) to restrict access to the confidential information of the other party to those of its employees and clients who must, for the purposes of this agreement, have access to the information, and only to grant such access if these employees and clients have been obligated in writing to observe an adequate level of confidentiality.
Unless this agreement makes express provision to the contrary, no provision of this agreement grants one party any rights to the intellectual property of the other party or any rights to confidential information of the other party.
3. The recipient is not subject to the obligations resulting from this “Confidentiality” section with regard to information for which the recipient can prove that
a) it was lawfully possessed by the recipient without any duty of confidentiality in place at the time of receipt from the other party, this being a fact which must be evident from the files and records of the recipient immediately prior to disclosure;
b) it is or becomes generally known in the respective sector on a non-confidential basis, without any act or omission on the part of the recipient;
c) it was provided to the recipient by a third party lawfully and without restrictions with regard to further disclosure;
d) it was expressly released for disclosure in writing by the other party.
The recipient may use or forward confidential information of the other party insofar as this is required for compliance with applicable official regulations or court decisions, subject to the condition that the recipient informs the other party in advance in an appropriate form of such forwarding and makes appropriate efforts to guarantee the confidential treatment of the confidential information of the other party before its forwarding and only passes on the minimum amount of information to comply with the requirements.
4. The recipient undertakes to inform the other party in writing of any abuse, unauthorized forwarding or other unlawful use of confidential information of this party and in particular immediately after the recipient becomes aware of abuse, unauthorized forwarding or other unlawful use.
5. The above regulations also apply with regard to data that third parties disclose to one of the parties in the context of this agreement.
1. It is pointed out to the Customer that he or she must provide for regular backup of the data accumulating in the app in the context of use of the app; the applicable technical peculiarities of the particular data processing unit must be observed in this context. This is particularly the case because all data of the app is deleted in the event of an intentional or accidental deletion of the app from the respective data processing unit. Consequently, Verivox GmbH is not responsible for losses that arise from you neglecting the above obligations.
2. Furthermore, Verivox GmbH regularly provides updated versions of the app in the app store from which you acquired the app. You are obliged to use the latest current version of the app; if errors or losses arise because you do not use a generally available, current version of the app, Verivox GmbH is not responsible for those losses that arise because you neglected the above obligations.
3. In the case of losses caused by gross negligence or intent, Verivox GmbH is liable in accordance with the legal regulations; the following liability restrictions do not apply in these cases.
4. In the case of simple negligence, if a material contractual obligation was breached, or a case of impossibility or delay is involved, the liability for losses that do not involve physical injury or fatality are restricted to those losses that were foreseeable upon conclusion of the agreement and according to the normal contractual process.
5. In the case of simple negligence, liability is restricted to EUR 10,000.00 insofar as neither a material contractual obligation (cardinal obligation) nor physical injury or a fatality is involved or a case of impossibility or delay exists.
6. Verivox GmbH is liable vis-à-vis the Customer or a third party, irrespective of whether this third party is connected with the Customer or not, for all indirect losses or damage arising directly or indirectly from the rights and obligations granted pursuant to this agreement only in the event of intent or gross negligence.
7. HOWEVER, THE ABOVE LIABILITY RESTRICTIONS PURSUANT TO THE ABOVE PARAGRAPHS DO NOT RESTRICT THE STATUTORY CLAIMS ACCORDING TO THE PRODUCT LIABILITY ACT. LIABILITY FOR DAMAGES FROM FATALITIES, PHYSICAL INJURY OR HEALTH IMPAIRMENT THAT ARE BASED ON A NEGLIGENT BREACH OF OBLIGATION BY VERIVOX GMBH OR A BREACH OF OBLIGATION DUE TO INTENT OR NEGLIGENCE BY A LEGAL REPRESENTATIVE OR AGENT OF VERIVOX GMBH IS NOT AFFECTED BY THE ABOVE LIABILITY RESTRICTIONS. THE LIABILITY FOR WARRANTIES IS UNRESTRICTED PROVIDED THAT THE WARRANTY WAS INTENDED TO PROTECT THE CUSTOMER AGAINST PRECISELY THE LOSS THAT OCCURRED.
1. The contractual partners are released from fulfillment of the contractual obligations from this agreement for the duration of the event in cases of service, delivery and acceptance obstacles as a result of natural disasters, war, labor dispute measures, inadequate raw material supply or other cases of force majeure at Verivox GmbH or affiliated companies or companies entrusted with the execution of individual services and through orders by the authorities or other circumstances which are not in the power of the contractual parties to avert or that cannot be averted or compensated for with appropriate technical and economic effort by the parties. The contracting party hindered from fulfillment of the agreement is obliged to notify the other contracting party immediately, including a description of the circumstances hindering it from fulfillment of the agreement; in addition, it will do everything in its power and that is economically reasonable to eliminate the service or acceptance obstacle as quickly as possible.
2. Verivox GmbH reserves the right to change or amend these conditions at any time. In this case Verivox GmbH will inform the customer about the changes respectively amendments in advance and give the customer the opportunity to object within a reasonable period of time. If the customer objects within the deadline, Verivox GmbH may terminate the agreement with the customer. However, in case of in-app-purchases the termination will not be effective before the end of the contract term stated at the in-app-purchase, unless Verivox GmbH cannot perform the contract any further due to a decision by a court or authority. If the customer does not object, the new terms become effective upon expiration of the deadline.
3. In the event of the invalidity of one or more provisions of these terms, the remaining provisions remain in force. The parties will replace the legally invalid provision in accordance with the meaning and purpose of this agreement with a valid provision by mutual agreement that in its economic effect comes as close to that of the invalid provision as is legally possible.
4. This agreement is subject to the law of the Federal Republic of Germany to the exclusion of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods and international law.
5. If you have no general place of jurisdiction in Germany or in another EU member state or are a businessperson, public-law person or special public fund or have moved your permanent domicile abroad after these General Terms and Conditions of Business came into effect or your domicile or customary place of residence is unknown when legal action is brought, the exclusive place of jurisdiction for all disputes arising from this agreement is Heidelberg.
Heidelberg, April 2018