Outbank toolbar: Edit transactions super quickly
3 min read
Our designers put a lot of thoughts into the perfect positioning of our features to enable quick and easy access to all functions. From these efforts derived a multifunctional toolbar, which appears at the bottom of the iOS and macOS app.
Time stamp: The default toolbar in the transaction list shows date and time of the last app refresh.
Mark all as read: The default toolbar allows to mark all transactions as read via the button on the very right.
You can enable the multifunction mode of the toolbar and the possibility to select transactions by clicking on the “Edit” button on the top right of your app. Now you can see small grey circles left to your transactions in the transaction list. By clicking on the circle you select it.
The Outbank toolbar offers various options to edit the selected transactions:
Share: On the very left of the toolbar, you can see the share button. Via this button you can do the following:
- Print: By clicking on the print button you can send the selected transactions to the configured, AirPrint-enabled printer. If you want to print the complete list of transactions, don’t select any transaction in the list and directly click on Share -> Print.
- Export: By clicking on the print button you can export the selected transactions as PDF. Instead of sending it to the printer, simply choose “Save as PDF” in your printer menu. If you want to export the complete list of transactions, don’t select any transaction in the list and directly click on Share -> Print.
- Send: You can send the selected transactions as PDF to you or others by choosing Message, Mail, Twitter, WhatsApp or any other installed messenger apps.
- Save: You can save the selected transactions as PDF in Notes, iBooks, iCloud Drive, Google Drive, Dropbox or any other installed storage app.
Tag: Categorize the selected transactions via the second button from the left. You can choose your individual tag and categorize the selection at once.
Delete: Delete all the selected transactions at once by clicking on the second button from the right.
Mark as read: Mark all selected transactions as read by clicking on the button on the right of the toolbar.
To end the edit mode, simply click on “Cancel” in the top right corner of the app. The default toolbar with time stamp appears again.
In addition to the previous macOS toolbar, we now added the print button. The following steps describe in detail how you can use the toolbar most effectively:
Select: By selecting one or more transactions in the transaction list, the toolbar appears at the bottom of the app. You can select transactions in three different ways:
- Click on one transaction and hold the shift key to select transactions.
- Click on one transaction and use the command key to select single transactions.
- Click on one transaction and swipe the mouse across the transactions you want to select.
Print: Print or export your selected transactions as PDF by clicking on the print button in the toolbar or via the shortcut CMD+P.
Tag: Tag all selected transactions at once by clicking on the tag button in the toolbar.
When you’re done managing your transactions, simply click on the transaction list and the selection and toolbar will disappear.