Even faster, even more secure – iOS login with 1Password
2 min read
Outbank is and will always be your most secure banking app from the login to transactions. The newest update has just another feature that makes your banking more secure but also more efficient. Read in this blogpost, how you can utilize this feature.
But first, let’s say a few words about 1Password. 1Password is a secure and convenient password manager. Encrypted with the super strong AES 256-bit encryption standard, all your passwords are safely stored in an easy-to-organize dashboard. 1Password remembers and fills web forms with your passwords, credit card information and addresses. And exactly this feature is now available to you in your Outbank iOS app.
This is how you login in completely safely:
- Step 1: Open the new Outbank. In case they’re installed, you can find two icons below the master password field: Touch ID (left) and 1Password (right). Click on 1Password.
- Step 2: Click on “Store Master Password in 1Password” in the popup window, select the 1Password logo and enter your master password in the next screen. Tab on “Save” at the top right after you’re done.
- Step 3: Click on “Unlock using 1Password”. A new window opens. Select the 1Password logo in the next screen.
- Step 4: 1Password opens. Select “Outbank” and your Outbank app unlocks.
But apart from the secure login, you can also use the 1Password integration for other things. When you download Outbank for the first time, you can create your master password during the onboarding directly in 1Password. Additionally, you can use 1Password to active data synchronization and you can change your master password simultaneously in Outbank and in 1Password.
This is how you change your master password even more securely:
- Step 1: Open the settings in your new Outbank after logging in securely, scroll down to the paragraph “Security” and click on “Master Password”.
- Step 2: In the first field you can see the 1Password logo. Click on it and select the 1Password logo in the next screen.
- Step 3: 1Password opens. Select “Outbank”, change your master password and click on “Done” in the top right corner.
- Step 4: The master password window of your settings opens again. Click again on “Done” in the top right corner and your password is successfully changed.
You can find more information about how Outbank secures you and your data in our latest Security Whitepaper and in our blog under Security. Because apart from a secure login Outbank gives you full protection in every security matter.